Unique Foodnista Soul Asian Stir Fry Veggie Pizza
Another Pizza Recipe Comin’ Right Up!
I filmed my third cooking demonstration class this past week, which was fabulous! I’m so grateful for all the support and encouragement. I want to thank my newest subscribers who joined our email list. Your support means so much.
Before my demo class, I learned that October is National Pizza Month! I felt so proud that I subconsciously chose pizza as my presenting recipe.
Asian Stir Fry Veggie Pizza Recipe
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 organic whole-wheat naan bread
- 2 tablespoons housemade or store-bought teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 cup organic soy sauce
- 1/8 cup purified water
- 2 tablespoons organic dark or light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cornstarch, as needed (to thicken the sauce)
- ½ cup organic shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ organic sweet yellow onion, lyonnaise cut (long thin strips), as needed
- Handful of organic garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Organic bok choy, sliced, as needed
- Organic carrots, shredded, as needed
- Organic plant-based mozzarella cheese, shredded, as needed
- Teriyaki sauce, as needed (to drizzle on top of the pizza)
- Organic black pepper, as needed
- Red pepper flakes, as needed (optional)
- Mixing bowls/cups/spoons for mise en place ingredients
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Small saucepot
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Pastry brush
- Oven mitts
- Cooling rack
- Airtight container (for extra teriyaki sauce)
1. Sanitize the kitchen (sink, faucets, countertops, stovetop/oven, cupboard handles, smart devices, computer, etc.).
2. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
3. Wash mushrooms and bok choy.
4. Slice mushroom and bok choy.
5. Peel onion and garlic cloves.
6. Slice onion.
7. Mince garlic.
8. Mise en place ingredients.
9. Add all ingredients except the cornstarch to a small saucepot to make the housemade teriyaki sauce.
10. After mixing and heating all ingredients with a whisk, slowly add the cornstarch and mix continuously until the sauce is thick.
11. Pour into an airtight container using a wooden spoon.
12. Place the naan bread on the baking sheet.
13. Spread the teriyaki sauce onto the bread using a pastry brush.
14. Add the mushrooms, bok choy, onion slices, minced garlic, and shredded carrots to the bread.
15. Sprinkle cheese and seasoning.
16. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
17. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until very crispy (keep an eye that the toppings don’t burn).
18. Remove the pizza from the oven and set the baking sheet on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
19. Cut into pieces before eating or eat whole.
Pizza Deals during National Pizza Month
Check out where you can get these awesome pizza deals this month.