I love experimenting and making different and unique dishes. This time, I made pasta with vodka sauce. Yes, vodka! 😏
I was inspired by this recipe: https://shewearsmanyhats.com/pasta-vodka-sauce-recipe/
- 1 pound pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 8 cloves garlic, grated
32 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup vodka
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
fresh chopped parsley,grated Parmesan
- I added arugula to the dish. I added about three handfuls of the batch.
- Begin cooking pasta to al dente stage according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chili flakes and grated garlic, cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and vodka, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese, plus ¼ cup of pasta water until smooth. If needed, add more pasta water a little at a time until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta, add to pan with sauce and toss until coated.
- Serve with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan.
I was in the mood for steaks to pair with the pasta. I was dying to use honey and balsamic vinegar again. So I made this: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/balsamic-glazed-sirloin-steak-10900
- 3/4 pound 1/2-inch-thick boneless sirloin steak
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons medium-dry Sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter