I’m excited to say that I made a dish with quinoa in it, and it was so yummy! Quinoa has been my new addiction- like literally! I’ve always enjoyed quinoa, and now, I enjoy incorporating it into my dishes.
I made a quinoa enchilada casserole dish. It was easy and quick to make. See below for the details.
Ingredients: (I altered the original recipe)
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 trays of ground turkey breast
- 1 (12-ounce) can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) jar of green chile cooking sauce
- 2 cans of southwest corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Himalayan pink salt
- Garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Taco cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground turkey breast meat thoroughly. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and chips. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.
Inspired by: quinoa enchilada casserole recipe
Whoo hoo! Adios for now!