Need a cool drink during the dead of summer? This healthy smoothie recipe will not only be invigorating but spicy hot! You’ll see why in the recipe below.
Strawbananalicious Smoothie Recipe
Yields: 16-20 fluid ounces
- 1 cup unsweetened organic plant-based milk
- ½ cup frozen organic strawberries
- ½ of a fresh organic banana
- 2 tablespoons protein powder (I used the Orgain simple plant-based peanut butter protein powder)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fiber powder (optional) (I used the Herbalife apple-flavored fiber powder)
- Pinch of organic cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup ice (optional, depends on desired consistency)
- Mixing bowls/cups/spoons for mise en place ingredients
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Rubber spatula
- Sanitize the kitchen (sink, faucets, countertops, stovetop/oven, cupboard handles, smart devices, computer, etc.).
- Peel and cut the banana in half.
- Mise en place ingredients.
- Add ingredients, except the ice, into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice if needed.
- Pour into cups and serve immediately.