Quick and Simple Foodnista Soul Veggie Pizza
Pizza = Happiness
Pizza makes me happy. But what gives me more joy is when I make my own pizza. There’s nothing like homemade pizza because I can customize it to my liking.
Here’s my version.
Foodnisa Soul Veggie Pizza Recipe
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 organic whole-wheat pita or naan bread
- 2 tablespoons organic garlic paste
- 1/2 cup organic mushrooms, sliced
- A handful of organic garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 organic red onion, lyonnaise cut (long thin strips)
- 1/2 cup organic green bell pepper, 1/4” diced
- Organic arugula, as needed
- Organic mozzarella cheese, shredded, as needed
- Organic extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Garlic pepper, as needed
- Mixing bowls/cups/spoons for mise en place ingredients
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Butter knife
- Oven mitts
- Cooling rack
- Sanitize kitchen (including the sink, faucets, countertops, stovetop/oven, cupboard handles, smart devices, and computer).
- Wash and cut mushrooms and green bell peppers
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Mise en place ingredients.
- Place the two pieces of bread on the baking sheet.
- Using a butter knife, spread the garlic paste onto the bread.
- Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, garlic cloves, and arugula.
- Sprinkle cheese and seasoning.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes or until very crispy (keep an eye that the toppings don’t burn).
- Remove from oven and set sheet on a cooling rack to cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into pieces before eating, or eat whole.
Top Seven Additional Pizza Ingredients
Besides the food items listed above, I enjoy these other yummy pizza ingredients.
- Alfredo sauce
- Maui onions
- Sharp cheddar cheese