Foodnista Soul Whole Wheat Cornbread Recipe
Hello October, Welcome Fall with Cornbread!
The “-Ber” months are almost in full swing, with September ending and October beginning. These are my favorite months of the year. This cornbread recipe is perfect for kicking off autumn, one of my favorite seasons. Let’s dive into the recipe.
Whole Wheat Cornbread Recipe
Yields: 8 servings
- 5 oz whole wheat flour, sifted
- 5 oz cornmeal, sifted
- 4 oz sugar, sifted
- ½ oz baking powder, sifted
- ¼ oz Kosher salt, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 oz almond milk
- ½ oz honey
- 3 oz melted vegetable shortening
- Mixing bowls/cups/spoons for mise en place ingredients
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Glass pan
- Non-stick spray
- Food scale
- Sanitize the kitchen (sink, faucets, countertops, stovetop/oven, cupboard handles, smart devices, computer, etc.).
- Mise en place ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg.
- Combine the wet ingredients in another mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spray non-stick spray in a glass pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
- Cool the cornbread before slicing and serving.