Foodnista Soul Orange Dream Smoothie with Korean Purple Rice Recipe
This Drink is a Hit in Hawai’i!
I tried CowCow’s famous yogurt drinks with purple rice earlier this year. I ordered the strawberry and peach flavors, and they were divine! I was blown away! I enjoyed the strawberry one the most. Therefore, I was curious to make my own. It turned out pretty good.
Let’s get to this easy recipe.
Orange Dream Smoothie with Korean Purple Rice Recipe
Yields 16-20 fluid ounces
- 1 cup organic unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based or regular milk)
- 1 cup of organic plain plant-based yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 1 organic orange, peeled
- Organic agave, honey, or maple syrup, as needed
- Ice, as needed, depends on the desired consistency
- 1-2 drops of certified pure tested grade (CPTG®) dōTERRA® wild orange essential oil (optional)
- 1 cup of Korean purple rice, cooked, as needed
- Mixing bowls/cups/spoons for mise en place ingredients
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Rice cooker
- Rice paddle
- Sanitize the kitchen (sink, faucets, countertops, stovetop/oven, cupboard handles, smart devices, computer, etc.).
- Mise en place ingredients.
- Wash and cook the purple rice in a rice cooker.
- After the rice is cooked, let it cool completely.
- Peel the orange.
- Add the milk, yogurt, peeled orange, natural sweetener, ice, and essential oil to a blender.
- Blend well until desired consistency.
- Add more natural sweetener and ice if needed.
- Pour smoothies into cups.
- Put the filled smoothie cups in the freezer if you’re waiting for the rice to continue cooling.
- Add the cooled rice to the smoothie- do not blend.
- Mix with a spoon.
- Serve immediately.
Cooking with Wild Orange Essential Oil (EO)
The dōTERRA® wild orange EO has a multitude of internal, topical, and aromatic usages. They can be used in baking and additional smoothie recipes when consumed internally. It adds that zingy zestiness to your day! It can also help boost your immune system and uplift your mood with its sweet and vibrant scent. Wild orange is one of my go-to EOs when I need a pick-me-up. I love how it tastes in my water.
Check out a previous post about the safety of using citrus EOs.
dōTERRA (2023). Wild orange oil uses and benefits. Retrieved from https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/spotlight-wild-orange-oil