Blueberry-Cranberry Red Wine Sauce Concoction Recipe
The Concoction Recipe of the Season
Thanksgiving is this week, and I’m excited to share my famous fresh blueberry cranberry sauce with red wine. I’m thrilled to make it again.
Like stuffing, I didn’t like cranberry sauce until I made my own. You can’t beat fresh cranberry sauce. None of that canned stuff- not for me, at least.
Recipe & Kitchen Equipment
Yields: 20 ounces
- 8 ounce organic fresh cranberries
- 6 ounce organic fresh blueberries
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup organic raw cane sugar
- Organic ground cinnamon, to taste
- Organic ground clove, to taste
- Measuring bowls, cups, and spoons
- Mixing bowls/cups/spoons for mise en place ingredients
- Saucepan with lid
- Wooden spoon
- Airtight container
- Sanitize kitchen (sink, countertops, stovetop/oven, cupboard handles, phone, computer).
- Wash fruits.
- Mise en place ingredients.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on the stovetop.
- The juices from the berries will be released. As the mixture boils rapidly, it will foam.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce reduces and slightly thickens.
- The sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Remove from heat.
- Let the sauce cool completely.
- Transfer to airtight containers.
- The sauce will last for about ten days in the refrigerator.
Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed, joyous, and full-filling Thanksgiving holiday. There’s so much to be grateful for. I’m thankful for you all.