2023 Thankful Challenge- Day 2 of 30
Hug your favorite person or people. How did it feel?
Seven Feelings Associated with Hugging
Receiving and giving hugs are the greatest feelings in the world. Here are seven experiences associated with hugs.
- Comfort: Hugging can provide a sense of comfort and security. It’s a way to feel close to someone and to seek support in their presence. Hugging someone trustworthy and caring creates a feeling of warmth and safety.
- Connection: Hugging strengthens our bond with others. It conveys feelings of love, friendship, and support. It fosters a sense of togetherness and belonging.
- Affection: Hugs are commonly used to express appreciation and love. They can be a way to show someone that you cherish and are grateful for their presence.
- Relaxation: Hugging can release oxytocin, a hormone that promotes relaxation. Hugs are a great stress reliever. Try it and notice how much calmer it makes you feel.
- Happiness: Hugging can release endorphins, the “feel-good” hormones. This can lead to a sense of joy and fulfillment. Have you ever felt lousy after giving or receiving a hug? I don’t recall ever feeling worse. Hugs make me a happier being.
- Healing: Hugs can be soothing in times of sadness, grief, or distress. They offer emotional support and solace during difficult times.
- Physical sensations: Hugging another person allows both parties to feel the warmth of their bodies, the texture of their clothing, and their heartbeat. You’ll experience all the experiences above. What beautiful feelings to encounter.
Revisit Day Two of 2022’s Thankful Challenge.