2022 Thankful Challenge- Day 1 of 30
An Annual Tradition…
Welcome to the 2022 Thankful Challenge.
Since 2018, I’ve established an annual thankful challenge. Throughout November, I will openly share what I’m grateful for. I invite you to participate and join the fun!
Are we ready to begin this challenge for 2022?
LET’S DO THIS!!
What are seven healthy foods you appreciate?
- Apple bananas are found in Hawai’i. These particular bananas are my favorite. They’re firm and sweet.
- Apples, a fruit high in fiber- only if the skin is consumed. An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
- Arugula, I love them raw or cooked. This green is filled with a good amount of fiber.
- Berries, I love them all. But my two favorites are strawberries and blueberries. I add them to my smoothies, salads, oatmeal, and to baked dishes. They provide antioxidants and fiber. It’s a healthy snack to munch on when you’re craving something sweet and tart.
- Lentils are very high in fiber and very filling. I sometimes replace whole grains with lentils. Lentils pair well in soups, stews, and curries. I’ve also had them with a piece of wild lemon-peppered salmon.
- Natto, fermented soybeans; a Japanese staple. If you can get past the acquired smell, taste, and texture, it’s addicting to eat. I eat them plain, for a snack, any time of the day.
- Quinoa is a healthy grain alternative. I’ve replaced brown rice with quinoa. My favorite is an over-easy egg over hot, steaming quinoa! Yum!